|Rustic Farfalle (with sausage) via|
Since my friend cooked a delicious dinner with kale for me a month ago, I have been inspired to incorporate kale into my own cooking more often. After seeing this recipe, I made Farfalle with Sun-dried Tomatoes, Kale and Cannellini Beans, a vegetarian friendly version. It was so delicious and I was really happy with the rustic combination of kale, tomatoes and Pecorino Romano.
Go on, give kale a try!
Farfalle with Sun-dried Tomatoes, Kale and Cannellini Beans
8 ounces uncooked farfalle (bow tie pasta)
1/4 cup oil-packed sun-dried tomatoes
1 1/2 cups onion. chopped
6 garlic cloves, minced
1 teaspoon dried Italian seasoning
1/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper
1 (14-ounce) can fat-free, less-sodium vegetable broth- or homemade!
1 (16-ounce) package fresh kale
1 (15-ounce) can cannellini beans, rinsed and drained
1/4 cup shaved fresh Parmesan cheese -I went for Pecorino Romano which is a bit stronger in flavor.
*optional: 8 ounces hot Italian sausage if you're a meat eater
1. Cook pasta according to package directions.
2. Drain pasta, set aside.
3. Drain tomatoes in a small sieve over a bowl, reserving 2 teaspoons oil and slice tomatoes.
4. Heat a large Dutch oven over medium heat. Add sliced tomatoes, reserved 2 teaspoons tomato oil, garlic, and onion the pan. If you're using the sausage, add it as well.
5. Cook 10 minutes or until onions are soft (and sausage is browned).
6. Add broth, kale, and seasonings to the pan. Stir, cover and simmer 5 minutes or until kale is tender.
7. Once kale is tender, stir in beans and pasta and cook for another 3-5 minutes.
Serve with shaved Parmesan cheese and enjoy!
|Rustic Farfalle (veggie)|
Don't forget to enter the Blog Design Giveaway going on now!